Lawn Dethatcher / Scarifier
Full Day =$95.00
Full Day =$109.25
- Hire item available at our Christchurch branch, contact us for Central Lakes.
- Long Term Hire — contact us for multi-day hire pricing.
- Weekend Hire — Friday to Monday is 2x full day hire rate above.
- Weekend Hire — Saturday to Monday is 1.5x full day hire rate above.
- Half day and full day hire based on 4hrs & 24hrs (max 8 hrs use) respectively.
Heavy Duty 18" Lawn Dethatcher for Hire also known as a Lawn Scarifier or Power Rake. Used to de-thatch and aerate lawns which allows the lawn to rejuvenate itself.
Thatch is a layer of dead grass and roots which accumulates at the base of your lawn over a period of time. It is recommended to hire a lawn dethacher once a year typically in Spring or Autumn when grass is growing. Detach in one parallel direction, and then run the dethatcher perpendicular (90d) to your original path before raking up the debris.
Refer Lawn Aerator Corer for another lawn care hire option, or for < 40m2 and soft lawns our small lawn dethatcher maybe suitable. Technical Details for this heavy duty Lawn Dethacher Scarifier below:
22.25" (57 cm) (Handle Folded)
28" (71 cm)
Honda® GX160 engine
- Ground Speed
- Fuel Capacity
- Dethatching Width
18" (45.7 cm)
- Tine Blades
4 sections, 32 flail blades with 1.5” (3.8 cm) spacing
127 lbs (58 kg)
Centrifugal Clutch Blade Engagement
IMPORTANT NOTE – Never operate a lawn dethatcher or corer over stones or metal objects, and likewise avoid flax, cabbage tree leaves and weed mat as these items will damage the machine.